My workspace

Here is where I build my novel, one word at a time

14 Responses to My workspace

1. Natalie says:

Very nice! That orange cup is turning into an icon I think. I love it. Orange it my favorite color.

Maybe I’m weird, but your voice sounded just as I pictured. Can’t describe it, but it was the Renee I envisioned.

2. Kiersten says:

I agree, Natalie! It’s perfect.

3. Yeah, no cool, classy British accent, I’m afraid. I blame my parents for bringing me up in America. 😛

Natalie, those cups are the cheapest plastic ones you can find at Walmart. But, oh how I love them.

I don’t like drinking out of mugs or glass cups. I have to have cheap plastic. Like the cups they give kids at restaurants, LOVE ‘EM!

4. I love that! It’s great seeing your workspace, which is much tidier than mine is. And I love hearing your voice.

None of the American voices are as I hear them in my head because I think in a British accent.

5. Kiersten says:

Please feel free to think of me with a British accent!

6. Well, fairyhedgehog, to be honest I did clean up a bit before filming.

If it were really, really accurate, there would be a castle of empty Dr Pepper cans by the monitor, scattered Carefree gum wrappers, and various loose papers all over the top of the desk.

To my endless chagrin, I am not a very tidy person.

7. BTW gals, what do you think of the new profile pic? Too dark?

It’s a picture of my at my computer. Does that come across?

I figured, what better indication of me than to show me at the computer?

8. Natalie says:

It’s a little dark, but I like it. I can tell you’re at the comp.

I’m a plastic cup fan as well, don’t know why, I tend to spill/drool with glass. I’m messed up. Maybe it’s a suction thing, lol.

9. Oh, fickle me.

I took the picture off. It really was too dark.

10. Kiersten says:

I thought so, too. When the laptop isn’t plugged in, you can’t even see the picture.

And that made laptop sad, as it has a huge crush on you.

11. Whirlochre says:

Your workspace looks very functional — especially the Dr Pepper. And you sound like fun.

My workspace is like a cross between the far corner of a junk shop and the far corner of another junk shop. If it ever makes it onto video, I will die of shame.

12. Tidy is seriously over-rated. You need to read a book called A Perfect Mess by Abrahamson and Freedman, subtitled The Hidden Benefits of Disorder. It explains “How crammed closets, cluttered offices, and on-the-fly planning make the world a better place”.

It made me feel better!

13. WO, my workspace is functional, alas, because it is not my own personal space. I have to share it.

I’m sure, when I have my own office (and I plan to, very soon,) that it will be a complete and utter war zone. But, hey, it’s good to know that I am not the only one. :)

14. I should check out that book, fairyhedgehog. “Crammed closets, cluttered offices, and on-the-fly planning,” that sound like my life in a nutshell. :)