Holy smokes

Tonight, I decided to start Newy, to just see how I like it. 2,500 words later, I am burning to keep on writing, but it’s 1 am, and I seriously have to sleep.

Man. I am totally wired right now. I don’t want to stop.

This is exciting.

1. Kiersten on June 28, 2008 at 5:24 am

Go, Renee, go! Have fun!

2. Natalie on June 28, 2008 at 1:12 pm

Welcome to the race then:) Come, join us in our insanity!

3. Renee Collins on June 28, 2008 at 3:21 pm

Well, I start this race late. Aren’t you two projecting completion within a month?

At that rate, in order to compete, I would need to write like 10 pages a day, non stop.

hmm . . . I wonder.

4. Renee Collins on June 28, 2008 at 3:23 pm

I think I have decided one thing, though. I’m gonna ride this wave as far as it takes me.

*grins* I get excited just talking about it.

5. Natalie on June 28, 2008 at 3:50 pm

Yay! I love that feeling. I’m so happy it’s coming easily for you. You ride it, ride it hard.

Me, probably a month, yeah, but I bet Kiersten’s done in two weeks. I’m wussing out on my challenge due to possible burn out. I’m gonna take it at 1k a day like I planned. That should put me done before August.

6. Renee Collins on June 28, 2008 at 3:53 pm

Yeah, you might be right. I don’t want to burn out, or worse, write a crappy story because I want to hurry up and finish.

7. Natalie on June 28, 2008 at 5:59 pm

Eh you can always clean it up later, get it out while it’s hot.

It’s just that I’m so used to writing 1k a day now that it doesn’t seem like much, but it is! I can’t forget that.

8. Renee Collins on June 28, 2008 at 7:31 pm

For sure, 1k is great, especially when it is consistantly delivered. Back when I was writing through Tristan, I could go a few days before I reached 1k.

9. Kiersten on June 28, 2008 at 9:44 pm

I wrote Tut incredibly slowly. Even my short stories took me a few months, because I would go long stretches without working on them.

That’s why I’m in insane-o mode with Flash. I’m worried if I stop I’ll get out of the groove and leave it for a long time.

But I’m also way more invested than I was in my other writing. I never used to sit there during other things and think about how long until I could write more.

10. Renee Collins on June 30, 2008 at 2:55 am

Kiersten, I kind of fell the same way about Newy. I want to strike while the iron is hot, otherwise the story might lose something. Maybe it’s just superstition.