So far, so good

I met my goal for today, writing almost exactly 2500 words. Unfortunately, I had was in the middle of writing, and something about the scene felt wrong. I just didn’t like it. So, *sigh* I cut 500 words. It’s not all bad, though. I ended up working out a way to make the important things that were supposed to happen in that scene happen somewhere else. . . . if that makes any sense.

In other news, I received an amusing letter today in the mail. It was congratulating me on my candidacy in the Cambridge Who’s Who Registry Among Executive and Professional Women. Pretty sweet, huh?

I had to laugh. They weren’t trying to get money, so I can’t fathom what they were thinking. I kind of want to register, though, and have my profile up there, just for laughs.

1. Natalie on July 25, 2008 at 1:04 pm

Yay! 2k is still great. Don’t push too hard–not quite meeting your goal is better than burning out. That’s the kiss of death.

2. Kiersten on July 25, 2008 at 2:02 pm

Who’s who, huh? Well, you’re a professional mommy, right?

And yeah–2k words that do what you want them to and move the plot forward are better than 4k words that are unnecessary ; )

3. Renee Collins on July 25, 2008 at 2:47 pm

It’s true. 2k is alot. And, I actually feel really good about cutting that scene.

Also, this morning, I have sorely neglected my kids and have been honing down the plot like a mad woman. At this point, I know exactly where I am going and that
    is nice.

Truth is, I am feeling SOOOOOOO excited to write it all. I can’t wait! Forgive the unbridled enthusiam, but this story is just so crazy and fun!

4. Renee Collins on July 25, 2008 at 2:49 pm

Also, here is what my Cambridge Who’s Who profile would read.

Renee Collins:
    Professional Mom.
    Professional Wannabe Writer.

You gotta admit, those are some pretty stiff credentials.

5. Kiersten on July 25, 2008 at 3:07 pm

It’s true. One of my biggest claims to fame is knowing you.

And I can’t cheerlead enough–yay Renee! Keep writing!

6. Natalie on July 25, 2008 at 3:13 pm

I’m so excited for you too! We need one of us to be all hopped up on their writing right now, hehe. We can revel in your excitement.

7. Kiersten on July 26, 2008 at 5:11 am

Jane, don’t do it! Actually, do do it. Big mistakes are fun to read.

8. Natalie on July 26, 2008 at 4:24 pm

38k! Now that is booking it! Go go Renee!

9. Renee Collins on July 26, 2008 at 5:24 pm

Ben is taking the kids out for a few hours. Sweet writing time is mine!!!!

10. Natalie on July 26, 2008 at 5:38 pm

LUCKY!!!

11. Kiersten on July 26, 2008 at 7:17 pm

Seriously. Maybe I should make some not very subtle suggestions for Hot Stuff to take the kids out…

Of course, then I’d just have to do boring work writing. Sigh.

But yay, insert more cheerleading here!