Round Two: DONE!!!!

Well, I guess there is nothing like the sight of failure to motivate a person.

Tonight, or should I say early this morning, I finished the second, and most elaborate stage of revisions on Midas. I am PUMPED!! This is a first for me, as significant as finishing my first first draft. As you know, I never made it through the second, deep edits stage with Tristan. So, yes, I am very pleased to be here with Midas.

I am going to let her sit for the week (in the meantime of which, I will be struggling my way through a synopsis). Then, this weekend, I will throw myself into the final stage. This will involve a healthy amount of trimming and a whole lot of polishing. Overall, though I don’t see this phase taking much more than a few days. So, that means that querying will commense in less than two weeks! *gulps*

1. Terri Tiffany on September 30, 2008 at 12:20 pm

Way to go Renee!!! You will get it done, I know!!

2. Renee Collins on September 30, 2008 at 12:24 pm

Thanks Terri! I’m feeling very excited, and hopefully that makes me work faster. 🙂

3. Natalie on September 30, 2008 at 2:09 pm

Renee, such wonderful news! Congrats on getting through that second round. I actually love that second round edits–it’s like you’ve found the gem, now you’re cutting it into a beautiful piece of jewelry.

Can’t wait to start in a Void in the next week or so.

4. JaneyV on September 30, 2008 at 2:33 pm

Nice analogy Natalie! Congrats Renee – what a wonderful feeling to have accomplished something so great. Keep going and in two weeks you’ll be a step closer to your dreams!

5. Renee Collins on September 30, 2008 at 7:01 pm

Thanks guys, and I agree, it is a nice analogy, Natalie.

I do feel like I’ve cut my gem into the right shape, and now I just need to smooth out the lines and polish, polish, polish.

6. Kiersten on September 30, 2008 at 8:10 pm

Yay, yay, yay!

Really, just yay!

7. Joanne on October 1, 2008 at 1:55 am

Another step closer, drumroll please! Good luck this weekend, I always like coming back to a work after being away for it awhile. Happy editing.