It begins!

I just sent out my first queries!!!!!

It’s funny because, I knew I was going to be doing this today for a while and didn’t feel that nervous about it, but as I was preparing the email, my heart was pounding.

Also, after reading over the email four times, I hit send. But, the message didn’t go. I was like, “Is this a sign???” AND IT WAS!

Just in case, I read over the email one more time and noticed that I had my OLD WORD COUNT! 64,000 words! That’s like 10,000 words less than my final manuscript!

Sheesh. I nearly had a heart attack. So, I changed it, and sent the emails off to a few of my painstakingly selected agents. I’ll be sending off the rest tonight!!

I feel nervous and excited. I just can’t believe that I am finally doing it!

11 Responses to It begins!

1. Natalie says:

Welcome Renee! Here’s your rifle and ammo, I recommend the south trench. It’s the cleanest.

2. Thanks Natalie.

I’ve already checked my email twice. Guess that makes me truly one of the club. :)

3. Kiersten says:

lol, YAY!

And, ummm, Dojo was in the south trench earlier, it’s not exactly clean anymore…

4. Kiersten says:

Ummm, also, just FYI, if you get an agent in a week, we might stop talking to you.

But only for a little while, and then we’ll be really happy for you ; )

5. Don’t worry Kiersten, I’m not anticipating that.

Of course, earlier, when the phone rang, my heart stopped a little. Which, looking back now is ridiculous. What was I thinking? That the agent would read my query and be like, “I don’t need to read the thing, BE MY CLIENT NOW!!!!”

I think I just need to calm down. :)

6. Natalie says:

Oh I feel you, girl. I think we’ve both been there. Just accept that you’re gonna be on edge. Make sure you have your favorite dessert at all times.

7. I bought a new 12 pack of DP in preperations for the coming weeks. Of course, I’ll need more than one 12 pack. Possibly three or four.

8. Natalie says:

Good girl–keep that DP close, lol. And some chocolate, that’s important. Do you do yoga? That keeps me zen:)

9. Joanne says:

Congratulations! Doesn’t it feel like a much-deserved culmination of so much effort? I hope you hear quickly, fingers crossed and best wishes for a request for more!

10. Thanks Joanne. :) I’m trying to find the balance between positive thinking and realistic expectations.

Not much luck as of yet.

11. Whoo hoo!Now we wait together! So glad you did it but I hope you hear quickly!! I;m about ready to send a second soon.