How I know I am a writer

About 4 months ago, a tiny flicker of a new story idea came into my mind. I have thought about it on and off since then, scribbling little notes in my Moleskine and such.

Well, now that Midas is out in the world, I find myself craving a new story to write. So naturally, this new idea is getting more and more fleshed out. In fact, it might not be too long before I start writing. And here I thought I was going to get a break. I guess a writer has to write, and that’s that.

1. Joanne on October 11, 2008 at 7:36 pm

When there’s no controlling it, that’s a sign you’re really a writer! I find myself simmering ideas while shopping, cooking, ironing, you get the pic. It sometimes feels like it’s always there 🙂

2. Natalie on October 11, 2008 at 8:08 pm

Yay! There’s nothing like a new story to think about it. Heaven knows I have a problem:)

3. Terri Tiffany on October 11, 2008 at 11:16 pm

Yay! I want to be there! I already have been thinking about one but I have two more to finish! Good for you:)

4. Renee Collins on October 12, 2008 at 12:21 am

It really is true, Joanne. Sometimes I feel like I am addicted to it all. With my queries out, and no manuscript to work on, I feel like a fish out of water.

And thanks Terri and Natalie. I hope to start writing soon. But, I don’t want to start before it’s ready, so it might be a little while.

5. Kiersten on October 12, 2008 at 2:10 am

Well, I could have told you that! He he. I’m excited!

6. JaneyV on October 12, 2008 at 2:40 pm

I guess that’s the crux of the matter alright.

A writer’s gotta write. Right up until your Muse gets annoyed that you got another job (bills have to be paid) and goes off visiting other people all over the world. If she turns up around your place (the symptoms are that you’ll start getting very odd ideas) – tell her I miss her would you?

It’s so great that Midas is ready now and exciting to start off on a new adventure. ;0)

7. Renee Collins on October 12, 2008 at 7:29 pm

lol Janeyv, that Muse is such a diva isn’t she? I’ll try and send her your way, though she usually doesn’t do what I tell her to do. 🙂

And thank Kiersten, I guess I’m a slow learner.

8. Natalie on October 14, 2008 at 10:21 pm

What are you planning, miss? I’m getting so curious!

9. Renee Collins on October 15, 2008 at 1:05 am