New Babies

I started thinking about an analogy I made in a comment on Natalie’s blog last night. I was musing over the fact that we MoMo’s (see side link list) are all starting brand new stories. I compared a new story to a newborn. In many many ways, they are the same. They require so much attention and work, we fuss over them so much, we can hardly stand to put them down. We are so completely in love with them, but so aware of the work ahead.

1. Natalie on October 16, 2008 at 6:34 pm

It’s so true Renee, right down to the nights awake thinking about the little cutie. I can’t stop myselfโ€”I feel like I have twins right now…hehe.

2. Renee Collins on October 16, 2008 at 6:36 pm

As a twin myself, I assure you that you can handle them. ๐Ÿ™‚

It might be hard, but I truly think that if anyone can write two books at once, it’s you, Natalie.

3. Kiersten on October 16, 2008 at 8:20 pm

Oh dangit, Natalie took my keeping me up at night joke. Stinker.

He he, so true though. It’s fun how we’re all at the same stage. We should plan this for our next actual babies, too ; )

4. sleeplessinSeattle on October 16, 2008 at 9:54 pm

Ren!! Hey, so…I , uh…well this is harder then I thought….Can I be a junior MoMo?? I know I haven’t even written the first page of my new story yet..but I bought the composition book and I have the names of two of the characters and a growing idea:) so to go along with your analogy I guess I’m pregnant!

5. Natalie on October 16, 2008 at 10:05 pm

SIS! We always need more Momos! You write, you belong:) You have a blog we can visit?

6. Joanne on October 16, 2008 at 11:13 pm

And then after all those hours of tlc, the scary part is when we send them out into the world! (of publishing!)

7. Terri Tiffany on October 16, 2008 at 11:15 pm

Good point! Especially about understanding what’s ahead now.

8. Renee Collins on October 16, 2008 at 11:23 pm

Of COURSE you can be a MoMo, Diana!* I am so excited that you have started plotting your book!!! You have to tell me all about it. (When you are ready, of course)

And, yeah, I guess you are pregnant, though I haven’t written a word of my story yet either. But I am close . . . so close. This week, I predict. Once I can think of my MC’s name. (MC means main character, btw. Just so you know the lingo. ๐Ÿ™‚

*For everyone else, sleeplessinseattle is my twin sister Diana, who had FINALLY gotten on Blogger. Hurray!

9. Renee Collins on October 16, 2008 at 11:26 pm

Also, Joanne, it’s so true. Midas is out in the world and I am still worrying about her. I guess a parent never stops loving their children.

And, thanks Terri, I thought it was a pretty decent analogy. ๐Ÿ™‚

10. Renee Collins on October 16, 2008 at 11:27 pm

Oh, and I almost forgot, Diana, you should start a writer blog. It’s so fun. ๐Ÿ™‚

11. Natalie on October 16, 2008 at 11:37 pm

Diana! Yay! Be our friend too!

12. Kiersten on October 17, 2008 at 4:14 am

Oh, well, twin sister equals automatic acceptance into the MoMos, naturally ; ) Because biologically, your children are also Renee’s.

Hmmm…that doesn’t make any sense. Regardless, yee haw and start writing! Yay for Diana!

13. sleeplessinSeattle on October 17, 2008 at 7:02 am

I feel humbled to be part of the prestigious MoMos. I will get a writer blog going asap…meanwhile I am trying to think of a way to start my book that isn’t disgustingly melodramatic as the past three tries have been!!!

14. Renee Collins on October 17, 2008 at 1:06 pm

Ha! Melodramatic openers? You ARE my twin sister. ๐Ÿ™‚

Can’t wait to hear more about it!

Also, thanks Kiersten and Natalie for welcoming my sis.

15. Natalie on October 17, 2008 at 1:56 pm

Eh, just start how you want, Diana. That first chapter always goes through rewrites, anyway. Or, in my case, can get hacked to pieces/deleted…heh.