Halloween Greetings!

In honor of the day, I thought I’d show my current mood via Jack o Lantern.

I’m coming up on week dry spell in the Query Wars. Time to bust out a high powered, mega query blast!! Those agents aren’t going to know what hit them.

*laughs maniacally*

1. JaneyV on October 31, 2008 at 3:31 pm

Y’see you’ve got the whole spooky night-time thing going on already. Cool pumpkin head!

Take a rest from query hell and enjoy scaring small children – that’s what I say.

A spine-chillingly wonderful Halloween to you!

2. Renee Collins on October 31, 2008 at 3:38 pm

Thanks Janeyv. 🙂

And, maybe you’re right. I think I’d have a whole lot more sucess getting a reaction out of kids than agents.

Happy Halloween to you too!

3. Natalie on October 31, 2008 at 3:50 pm

Oh the dry spells stink, Renee. Hang in there! Just know I’m constantly checking my email as well.

Have a good Halloween though. Binge on candy like me:) Candy always makes you feel better.

4. Kiersten on October 31, 2008 at 4:04 pm

Ah, the dry spells…when you’d even welcome a query rejection because at least it’s something…

It’ll pick back up ; )

5. Renee Collins on October 31, 2008 at 6:34 pm

Thanks MoMo’s. 🙂

It’s extra frustrating because I am waiting on responses from a couple of agents I queried way back at the start of the month.

*sigh* I guess at this point, the answer can’t be good.

6. Natalie on October 31, 2008 at 7:31 pm

Oh you never know, Renee. I still have one not replied from my first batch of queries on dragons. We’ll be coming up on two months for that one…

Seriously, some never answer. That’s awesome, I tell you. Or they answer like five months later with a partial request, as Kiersten has experienced.

7. Terri Tiffany on November 1, 2008 at 12:53 pm

hang in there — I’ve finding it takes time!! Loved your pumpkin!
    Did you see my first rejection was one line –now–do you really want to hope for that???

8. Renee Collins on November 1, 2008 at 1:18 pm

lol, you’ve got a point Terri. 🙂

And, chances are, the first thing to break my dry spell will be a rejection.

9. Joanne on November 2, 2008 at 1:39 am

You know what’ll happen, right? All the responses will arrive this week. When it rains, it pours! Then you’ll be busy preparing your partials/fulls!

10. Renee Collins on November 2, 2008 at 3:58 am

Ah, Joanne, may that be the case!

Thanks for the ray of hope. 🙂

11. Kasie West on November 4, 2008 at 11:15 pm

I’m right with you. Reject me! Accept me! Anything, the silence is killing me. I say that now, but then I get a rejection and change my mind…silence at least breeds hope. 🙂

12. Renee Collins on November 5, 2008 at 12:03 am

It’s true, Kasie. 🙂 When an agent takes a while to get back to me, I always hope that they are thoughtfully considering my query. (lol, hows that for wishful thinking?)