Halloween Greetings!

In honor of the day, I thought I’d show my current mood via Jack o Lantern.

I’m coming up on week dry spell in the Query Wars. Time to bust out a high powered, mega query blast!! Those agents aren’t going to know what hit them.

*laughs maniacally*

12 Responses to Halloween Greetings!

1. JaneyV says:

Y’see you’ve got the whole spooky night-time thing going on already. Cool pumpkin head!

Take a rest from query hell and enjoy scaring small children – that’s what I say.

A spine-chillingly wonderful Halloween to you!

2. Thanks Janeyv. :)

And, maybe you’re right. I think I’d have a whole lot more sucess getting a reaction out of kids than agents.

Happy Halloween to you too!

3. Natalie says:

Oh the dry spells stink, Renee. Hang in there! Just know I’m constantly checking my email as well.

Have a good Halloween though. Binge on candy like me:) Candy always makes you feel better.

4. Kiersten says:

Ah, the dry spells…when you’d even welcome a query rejection because at least it’s something…

It’ll pick back up ; )

5. Thanks MoMo’s. :)

It’s extra frustrating because I am waiting on responses from a couple of agents I queried way back at the start of the month.

*sigh* I guess at this point, the answer can’t be good.

6. Natalie says:

Oh you never know, Renee. I still have one not replied from my first batch of queries on dragons. We’ll be coming up on two months for that one…

Seriously, some never answer. That’s awesome, I tell you. Or they answer like five months later with a partial request, as Kiersten has experienced.

7. hang in there — I’ve finding it takes time!! Loved your pumpkin!
    Did you see my first rejection was one line –now–do you really want to hope for that???

8. lol, you’ve got a point Terri. :)

And, chances are, the first thing to break my dry spell will be a rejection.

9. Joanne says:

You know what’ll happen, right? All the responses will arrive this week. When it rains, it pours! Then you’ll be busy preparing your partials/fulls!

10. Ah, Joanne, may that be the case!

Thanks for the ray of hope. :)

11. Kasie West says:

I’m right with you. Reject me! Accept me! Anything, the silence is killing me. I say that now, but then I get a rejection and change my mind…silence at least breeds hope. :)

12. It’s true, Kasie. :) When an agent takes a while to get back to me, I always hope that they are thoughtfully considering my query. (lol, hows that for wishful thinking?)