O.M.G!!!!!!!!!

So, last night I went with this big group to go see the midnight premier of Twilight. It was great–a bunch of moms, with our kids at home, standing in line at midnight and squealing with excitement. (Oh yes, we squealed. You gotta get into the spirit of it all, right?)

As for the movie itself, pretty good. In fact, I think it was an improvement on the book. Edward came off as less jerkish and they wove in the James/rouge coven plot line better. It actually felt related to the whole story, not just tagged on at the end. Also, we didn’t have to see the endless grimaces, crooked smiles, and we didn’t have to feel Bella’s heart stop every time she even looked at Edward.

I thought the acting was surprisingly good and the music was awesome. Overall, I actually rather enjoyed myself. I’d recommend it for those who have read the book, especially if you weren’t all that impressed with the books. You’ll probably like the movie better.

1. Natalie on November 21, 2008 at 5:36 pm

lol. Renee, you’re awesome. I’m glad you enjoyed yourself. I look forward to seeing it. Less Bella commentary sounds nice.

2. JaneyV on November 21, 2008 at 5:44 pm

I’m really looking forward to the movie. From what I’ve seen of it – it’s a big omprovement on the pacing of the book. (Actually it was the endless eye-gazing that wound me up – oh and the whining, although that kind of goes without saying). The big question is: does Rob Pattison live up to Edward?

Only a few weeks to wait..

3. JaneyV on November 21, 2008 at 5:45 pm

OK – what’s an omprovement?

Perhaps it’s just my posh accent? Most likely it’s my fat finger though!

4. Renee Collins on November 21, 2008 at 6:31 pm

Natalie-Yeah, I think you’ll like it. It’s a different experience with the same story. And that’s always fun.

Janey-I didn’t have a crush on Edward from the books, so my expectations weren’t sky high. So, I actually thought Pattinson did a good job. He may not look the way I envisioned Edward, but he did act the way I imagined.

Oh, and, why do you have to wait a few weeks. Does it open later in the UK?

5. Kasie West on November 21, 2008 at 6:50 pm

Renee, I commented on your comment on my blog, but I will comment here again. One, I had a great time with my squealing mom friends as well. As to the movie itself, I think my expectations were sky high, so I was a little disappointed. The one word I will use to describe it is: cheesy. Not that I don’t like cheese, I actually do. So I was satisfied with the movie. Loved Bella (less whiney), loved Charlie, had a love I wasn’t expecting for the humans (mike, eric, jessica, angela) they were funny. I agree with you about the James plot, even the reason she went to Port Angeles in the movie was a much better reason. As far as Edward, I liked him most of the time, the other times he looked constipated. The look he had on his face was making me laugh. But then he had his moments that made me sigh happily. Jacob, who I did not like in the books, I loved in the movie. Anyway, that is my very long comment, I better stop now before I’m tempted to give away stuff.

6. JaneyV on November 21, 2008 at 6:51 pm

It opens here on December 3rd. Looking forward to it!

7. Renee Collins on November 21, 2008 at 8:09 pm

Kasie-Yeah, it had it’s cheesy moment, for sure. Moments that weren’t supposed to be funny, but everyone in the audience laughed.

See, I guess I didn’t have sky high expectations of the movie. I assumed that it would be cheesy. So, I guess I was pleasantly surprised.

And, lol about Edward looking constipated. Like that first time in Biology class. He looked like he was going to puke. lol. Not quite how I imagined that moment when I read the book.

8. Joanne on November 21, 2008 at 8:14 pm

All in all, isn’t this a great boost for the publishing industry!

9. Renee Collins on November 21, 2008 at 8:59 pm

Amen, Joanne. I say, the more teenagers that turn into readers, the better.

10. Diana on November 21, 2008 at 9:12 pm

The question is Renee, how were Edward’s chiseled ice-cold abs?
    I am jealous that I don’t have a group of squealing moms to see it with. But Gary did read it (and loved it, though he refuses to admit that) So we will see it together.
    I am excited!!

11. Renee Collins on November 21, 2008 at 10:38 pm

Diana-lol, they did have a few gratuitous abs shots. And plenty of steamy eyed gazes into the camera. You know, for the fans.

I think you’ll really like it. I can’t wait for you to see it and then we’ll discuss!

12. Terri Tiffany on November 22, 2008 at 12:12 am

Glad you had a fun night out!!!

13. giddymomof6 on November 22, 2008 at 12:44 am

ACK! I found you through a friend of a friend! And I’m sooo jealous! I’m glad to hear it is better than the book–pacing wise! I thought it would be much faster paced.. since I really didn’t enjoy reading every word! Eeeh!

14. Renee Collins on November 22, 2008 at 3:33 am

Terri- Thanks 🙂

giddymom-Hi! Thanks for visiting my blog! It’s funny because I have actually been on your website before. I read your query on Absoulte Write and thought your story sounded really cool, so I clicked on the link to your website. Small world! 🙂

Well, come back anytime. And I hope you get to see Twilight soon. I think you’ll enjoy it. 🙂

15. Terri Tiffany on November 22, 2008 at 1:00 pm

I had to tell you that I love your blog cause you keep it real about your writing and I am always able to relate to what you are going through with it!

16. Renee Collins on November 22, 2008 at 2:55 pm

Hey, thanks Terri. :)I feel the same way about your blog.

That’s what I love about the blog world. You can always find someone who knows exactly what you are going through.

17. Jessica on November 24, 2008 at 1:40 am

LoL, too funny with the cliche emotions! I’ve been looking forward to the book, but now I’m wondering if I should just skip to the movie?

Glad you had fun! 🙂

18. Renee Collins on November 24, 2008 at 3:22 am

Jessica-Yeah, the movie could do it for you. Of course, the book has some good stuff. So, maybe see the movie first, then read the book.

I read the whole Twilight series, and felt that the first was the best. The other three were just so-so for me.

19. Kayleigh on December 1, 2008 at 6:46 pm

Hi. It’s me again (I’m finding lots of other things to do than listen in class right now). I think I’m officially stalking your blog. I hope you don’t mind…I just had to comment on this post. I completely agree with you about the movie. I was pleasantly surprised with how good the movie really was. And that music and the score? Whoa. Can you say…amazing!