If I don’t get more time to write, I am going to disown my family.

Or scream.

Or move back to Ohio.

Um . . . just kidding, any of you family that is reading this. I really do love you. . . *shrugs and smiles*

I just want to write. I need it. Badly. And it wouldn’t hurt to be able to check my friends blogs more.

Anyway . . . that’s all.

1. Natalie on December 17, 2008 at 4:10 am

Ha! Let the woman write! You must be out of sorts to post that:) Hope you get some time soon!

2. lotusloq on December 17, 2008 at 4:43 am

I’m so right there with you! I’m constantly getting sidetracked, especially this month. Who needs a Christmas tree anyway? (Whew! We did finally get it up. Yea!) I’m having to snatch my time from the middle of the night. It sure puts a damper on my lucidity during the day though. Haha!

I popped over from Natalie’s blog. Looks like you’ve got fun over here too. Nice to meet you!

3. Kiersten on December 17, 2008 at 5:17 am

WRITE! MORE! PLEASE!!!

4. JaneyV on December 17, 2008 at 8:08 am

I have such sympathy for you – I really do. The only suggestion I have is that you make a time that belongs to you during the day. No interruptions. Easier said than done though!

Word verification is Santo – I guess you need the patience of a saint to be a Mom!

5. Joanne on December 17, 2008 at 1:48 pm

I think many of us write less during the holidays, with the increased demand on our time and only so many hours in the day. Hopefully you’ll squeeze a little more time in though, to satisfy that craving!

6. Becca on December 17, 2008 at 4:27 pm

Oh Ren!!

Welcome back to life in Utah and all of the fun AND familial expectations (: Too bad I don’t get to see you when your time is being sucked up by the “family”. But then again – I am out of the family loop most of the time (: And PS – honestly – “girls night” can be whenever – this saturday or next month – whatev…I agree that you MUST write!! Diana and I were chatting about how internally driven you are to write! Neither of us can ever make it past 3 pages (:

Oh and 1 more PS – I told my class you were coming and there was a excited chatter throughout the class…so its a done deal! My “Writer” sister is coming!! Cheers!

7. giddymomof6 on December 17, 2008 at 4:55 pm

HAHAHAHHAHAH! I’m saying the SAME thing, except my kiddos are all around me like always, and I have my own computer and I haven’t just moved and I’m not living in someone else’s house. Sheez! May the force be with you!

8. Renee Collins on December 17, 2008 at 5:47 pm

Natalie-um . . . yeah, I was a little out of sorts when I wrote this post. Maybe that should be the first sign for me to NOT write on my blog.

Lotusloq-You know, you’re right. This is all Christmas’ fault! 🙂

Also, thanks for visiting my blog. I promise I’m not always such a whiner.

Kiersten-I’M TRYING!

Janey-I think you have a real point. Things have been in transition and I really haven’t gotten into a routine. When I do, I just need to force the writing time.

Joanne-It’s true that Christmas time is crazy. That fact actually gives me hope. Hopefully, in January, things will settle down.

Becca-You know I want to have a girls night out! That’s different. (It’s really all Mom’s fault. j/k)
    I hope your class isn’t expecting too much. Though, I confess that I am really excited. 🙂

Jenni-Thanks, I could really use the Force right now. I would just wave my hands over my kids faces and say, “You want to play quietly with those wholesome, educational toys for the next hour.” lol 🙂

9. Kasie West on December 17, 2008 at 6:43 pm

Renee, yes, you need to write more. I really want you to write more. 🙂 I shouldn’t write, I should clean my house, but, clean house …. write …. really, is it a choice?

10. candicekennington on December 17, 2008 at 10:14 pm

I feel your pain. I have to clean my house today and cook for our writer’s circle. I’m happy we’re having it here, but sad to give up the editing time.

11. Jill Wheeler on December 17, 2008 at 10:58 pm

I hear you. The grading has been eating up all my writing time. By the time I get home from school, I just want to go to sleep. Can you carve out an hour or so for yourself in the afternoon or evening?

12. cindy on December 18, 2008 at 12:06 am

*hugs* know how you feel. it’s so hard, every priority pulling us all different directions.

i hope you get some zen time to write soon! and surf to your heart’s content!!! happy holidays!

13. Renee Collins on December 18, 2008 at 12:57 am

Kasie-Thanks, although now I put some blame on you, since I am all into reading your book. 🙂

Candice-Aw man, now you’re making me jealous. I wish I could get together with a writer’s circle tonight! (I guess I will soon. Yay!)

Jill-I mean to try. Actually, I have just decided that sleep is now not important. That frees up a whole lot of time. 🙂

Cindy-Thanks for the hug. And, I think you used the perfect word. Zen. That’s how I feel after getting a good thousand or so words done on my WiP. With all of these days passing with no progress, I feel quite out of whack.

14. Terri Tiffany on December 18, 2008 at 2:48 pm

Don’t move back to Ohio–a man at Disney told me how cold it is there now:)) You’ll get more time–but probably after the holidays!

15. Jill Wheeler on December 18, 2008 at 10:04 pm

Well. Sleep is very important. How about bathing? Can you give that up for some extra writing time?