Ticket to ride! Ticket to ride!

Look everybody!
Renee’s boarding the Query Train!

Next stop . . .

REJECTION CITYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

After an almost two month hiatus, I’ve gotten back on board. Looks like my self deprecating sense of humor is right where I left it.

Actually, things have started pretty well (a partial request,) but still, it’s interesting to see how all those feeling come flooding right back. The nerves, the boundless hope, the checking of the inbox every few hours. I thought that I had perfected a Taoist detachment to the whole querying business, but I guess I was wrong.

Oh well, that’s all part of the wild ride that we aspiring writers must take.

All Aboard!!

1. Kiersten on January 24, 2009 at 6:21 am

Full speed ahead!

I’m proud of you ; ) And cheering for you!

2. Kasie West on January 24, 2009 at 7:47 am

Go, Renee, go. Congrats on the partial. I’ve actually disembarked the query train for now. But, soon, too soon, I will be there again. Must…finish… my …WIP. (that was me almost dying)

3. giddymomof6 on January 24, 2009 at 8:07 am

WAHOO! Congrats! Good luck! Lot’s of good karma sparkles headed your way!!!! My fingers are crossed and the force is with you!

4. JaneyV on January 24, 2009 at 9:27 am

Hey Rejection City is on the other line! This one leads to Agentsville and then directly on to Publication Town – I’ve checked the timetable!

Best of luck with the partial!

5. Lady Glamis on January 24, 2009 at 1:48 pm

I’ve stepped foot on the train, and jumped right back off. I’m about to board soon. I’ve got my ticket, and I’m thinking about ripping it up, but I’m afraid none of my writer friends would let me. They’d just shove another one in my hand and push me onto the train.

Good luck with that trip! And here’s to hoping the partial request turns into full, and then an offer. 🙂

6. sraasch on January 24, 2009 at 2:56 pm

Congrats on the partial! And if we ever became detached to queries, would we be able to consider ourselves writers anymore? I think it’s all part of the whole writer gig.

7. Natalie on January 24, 2009 at 4:40 pm

Good luck, my dear! I’m in seat 34 H, come visit me. The girl slumped over in front of a big bowl of ice cream.

8. Renee Collins on January 24, 2009 at 4:53 pm

Kiersten-Aw, thanks. 🙂

Kasie-Taking a break? I know the feeling. Just don’t stay off for too long. And don’t almost die! (Although, I know the feeling there too.)

Jenni-Hurray for good Karma sparkles!

Janey-lol I’m so relieved! And here I was getting all worried over nothing. 🙂

Glam-Don’t rip up that ticket! This is a bumpy ride, but, like Janey said, if you stick with it, you might just make it to Agentsville!

Sara-True words. I think all I had really done was shove my feelings down inside me and pretended that they weren’t there. lol

Natalie-*Renee plops down next to Natalie, bringing with her a 12 pack of Dr. Pepper.*

Lets do this thing.

9. Jill Wheeler on January 24, 2009 at 6:47 pm

Let’s have a party on the query train! Woooo!

I’m getting a callus from checking my email.

10. Roy Hayward on January 27, 2009 at 4:16 am

From someone who is not even close to being done. I am in awe.

Good luck and keep us posted.

11. Renee Collins on January 27, 2009 at 4:25 am

Jill-Boo-ya! Let’s party hard! (And then sulk. And then party! And then feel depressed. And then rock on! And then think our books suck.)

Ah, querying.

Ron-Hey, you’ll get here someday! We’ll save a seat on the train for you. 🙂

12. cindy on January 27, 2009 at 4:31 am

ha! i bow down to your awesome fotoshop skillz! ;*) and *dust***and /bootay shakes***for more good agent news. =D

13. candicekennington on January 28, 2009 at 1:56 am

Woo Woo or is it Toot toot? I think a request for a partial is awesome!! I can’t wait until I get one of those!

14. Renee Collins on January 28, 2009 at 3:43 am

Cindy-Thanks! 🙂 And, no need to bow to my photoshop skills. We can all see that they are clearly lacking. 🙂

Candice-Personally, I’ve always been in the Woo Woo camp, but I can see how it could go either way.

Also, you will get a partial request. Just wait. And, that first request is the best one. 🙂

15. Terri Tiffany on January 28, 2009 at 12:35 pm

A partial request is good! We are all on that train ride together-remember that! You aren’t alone! And one day we will get to our destination!