Imagine my delight!

So, as many of you know, my computer has problems. ESPECIALLY my Microsoft Word. (Grrrr.) Anyway, today I learned that good things can come from malfunctioning software. In a nut shell, if I want my Word to work properly, I have to open two files from My Documents, my WiP and then a random one, close the random one, and THEN Word works fine. Confusing, I know.

At any rate, today I opened my WiP, and then went to open/close another file so that I could get started. One file name caught my eye. Outline Erik. I vaguely remembered that Erik was a story that I started about three years ago, but never got past page 40 (you know, that old song and dance.) But, apparently, I had made an outline for the story.

Well, imagine my delight as I read and realized that the story TOTALLY ROCKS!! Seriously! I’m quite giddy. Now, I have a full outline for a very cool story, AND I feel like now I have the ability to actually write that story well!

Don’t get me wrong, I’m still all about PAMR, but it’s pretty sweet to know that, once I’m done, I’ll have a brand new idea to work on. So, for once, I don’t hate my lame computer! 🙂

1. Natalie on February 4, 2009 at 9:46 pm

Yay for lame computer! Woohoo!

2. Kiersten on February 4, 2009 at 9:56 pm

How fun! What a delightful surprise! Man, I wish I had ideas waiting in the wings…

3. Jill Wheeler on February 4, 2009 at 10:36 pm

Sweet! Happy writing!

Also, the word “delight” reminds me of banana splits, for some reason. And now I want one. 😛

4. Terri Tiffany on February 4, 2009 at 11:42 pm

Whoo hoo! Enjoy!

5. sraasch on February 4, 2009 at 11:55 pm

Awe, I wish ideas came that way all the time. Mysterious files just waiting to be opened…

6. giddymomof6 on February 5, 2009 at 1:12 am

That’s awesome! And so brings to mind that everything happens for a reason! Hmmm… very cool!

7. Renee Collins on February 5, 2009 at 1:18 am

Natalie-Woot!

Kiersten-Don’t worry, by the time I get around to writing this new book, you will have probably had three inspirations that turn into three novels.

Jill-Mmm . . . banana splits!

Terri-Thanks!

Sara-It was rather mysterious. And quite cool. 🙂

Jenni-I sure hope so!

8. candicekennington on February 5, 2009 at 2:19 am

That’s so cool. I have several manuscripts that I’ve started, but I’m pretty positive none of them are any good. 🙂

9. ~Jamie on February 5, 2009 at 4:10 pm

So, what really happened is your computer picked your next project for you. What if it’s your magic computer, and you can never get rid of it? Ten years from now we will have fancy computers and you will still have your magic muse computer. 🙂

10. Renee Collins on February 5, 2009 at 5:34 pm

Candice-Well, the manuscript that I started is pretty bad. I’m not using it, but I am going to use the idea and outline. 🙂

Jamie-What if it is?? And here I’ve been trash talking it to no ends. Uh oh. 😉

Also, Hi! And Welcome. 🙂

11. Becca on February 5, 2009 at 6:19 pm

I like the sound of “Erik” Ren… thats the Phantom of the Opera’s name…its also the name of the French guy I met in Paris (who I strolled along the Seine with…remember)…anyway, I’m glad you had a bright moment – I was worried about you (: Scrumps!!

12. Kasie West on February 5, 2009 at 11:26 pm

Wow. That is a seriously awesome story. That will be great for all your interviews after it is written and sold.