So, remember that scene . . .?

You know, the one I’ve spent the past two days working on? The one that is really hard to get right, but so important to the story? The one that I can’t proceed with the story until I complete it?

Yeah, that one.

It stinks. I’m trashing it.

*sigh* Back to the drawing board. (My Inner Editor is purring like a kitten.)

In other random news, my one year blogiversary is coming up. I should probably have some fun contest with prizes and laughter and games. Hmm . . . well, stay tuned.

1. Kasie West on February 17, 2009 at 5:41 am

Yay, I beat Kiersten to the comments section. Man, I better hurry and post this before she sneaks in there. Happy almost blogiversary. And many condolences over the trashed scene. Good luck with the rewrite. LOL

2. Kiersten on February 17, 2009 at 5:51 am

Ha, Kasie, you totally beat me.

Give your inner editor a pat on the back and get to work, I want to read this thing!!!

3. giddymomof6 on February 17, 2009 at 12:46 pm

I think I have them all saved.. at least I used to have them all saved… my deleted scenes that just didn’t work out! LOL! You’d think i’d get used to just letting them go.. but sigh.. yeah, nope, not yet! LOL!

4. sraasch on February 17, 2009 at 2:26 pm

Inner editors are so finicky, aren’t they? But it’s “all for what’s best,” or so they say. It’s hard to believe they’re sincere, though.

Yay blogiversary! Exciting!

5. Jill Wheeler on February 17, 2009 at 3:10 pm

Good luck on getting it “just right.”

And yay for a blogiversary!

6. Natalie on February 17, 2009 at 4:26 pm

Ah yes, I’ve had many an “important” scene not happen. In Sealed, Adrie was supposed to get a lecture from Seele. Yeah, never happened. And I dreamed over that scene for days and days. Oh well.

Sometimes it just doesn’t work, you know? It’s all good:)

7. Renee Collins on February 17, 2009 at 4:56 pm

Kasie-Congrats on getting the first comment spot. Beating Kiersten is no small feat. 🙂

Kiersten-I’m worried that me taking so long to write PAMR has built it up in your mind. Makes me nervous!

Jenni-Yeah, I save them all in a file, thinking maybe I’ll salvage them later. I never do. 🙂

Sara-Ha! Yeah, my Inner Editor is really, REALLY bossy. She claims that she’s always right. Here’s hoping.

Jill-Thanks, I think it will take a little luck. A lot, maybe.

Natalie-Oh yeah, this one’s a doozy. But *siiiigh* I have to write it. I just have to start from scratch.

8. Lady Glamis on February 17, 2009 at 9:03 pm

Trashing things is a way of life in this business! And the inner editor knows what she’s doing. Although half the time it hurts when she tells me to start over.

Good luck!

9. candicekennington on February 17, 2009 at 11:08 pm

argh! I hate trashing scenes, but the sad truth is that it has to be done. I’m always happier with the new revised version, but still I know how frustrating that can be.

10. Katie on February 18, 2009 at 1:37 pm

aawww that sucks! I just read Lindsey Leavitt’s blog about her rewrites and trashing the end several times.

Good LUCK!

11. Renee Collins on February 19, 2009 at 4:40 pm

Glam-The Inner Editor does hurt sometimes. She’s kind of harsh. But, I guess I still love her.

Candice-So true. I know I’ll appreciate the new scene so much more.

Kaite-Yeah, it’s hard, but necessary.

Also, thanks for visiting my blog! Come back anytime. 🙂