DONE!

Well gang, I finished my WiP! WOOOOOOO! I’m feeling so . . . so loopy. I mean, just look at the time this was posted. Says a lot. Here is a sample of what will make Renee laugh loudly when it’s two in the morning.

However, it’s also how I feel! Happy dance! I’m done! Yes, yes, yes.

That said, don’t pop the DP bottles yet. I’ve got a big old list of things to do before I send this baby out to betas. Can we say Tweakfest 2009?? (However, if you are interested, I’ll be glad to pass it along in probably two weeks.)

Anyway, I need to go to bed. (This post makes very little sense.)

24 Responses to DONE!

1. JaneyV says:

HURRAYYYYYYYY! Well done you. I join you in your happy dance and I add a booty shake.

I think that bird is a Booby. That’s a comedy name to go with that excellent footwear.

2. Marty says:

Congratulations to you, enjoy your Dom Perignon when the time finally comes… now go get some sleep!.

3. Katie says:

Woo Hoo!!!!!!!

4. Joanne says:

Congratulations! What a great feeling, isn’t it?

5. Kiersten says:

WHOOHOO!!!!!!!

Yay!

I expect it in my inbox promptly in two weeks.

6. Lady Glamis says:

CONGRATS!!!!

And I just went through the Tweakfest for Monarch. Now it’s in beta hands and it’s embarrassing. Second drafts have lots of problems, LOL.

I wish you luck, and if you’re short on betas, I’d like to read. 😀

7. Natalie says:

Yes!!!!!! *Pumps fist* I’m so excited to see this book! You taunted me with the first part for so long. Shame on you:P

Congrats, Ren. Truly.

8. Janey-Oh, yes! I forgot all about the booty shake! :)

Marty-Thanks! And you know, after all that work, I do feel like I a Dom Perignon is more in order than a Dr. Pepper. But, I would never betray my beloved soda. :)

Katie-Thanks :)

Joanne-It is! I actually enjoy editing, have to physically stop myself from doing it as I’m writing the draft, so it’s nice to get to full blown tweak stage. :)

Kiersten-I’ll do my best! It’s all up to Inner Editor now, but I’ll try to keep her in line.

Michelle-Thanks! I’m strangely looking forward to that embarrassment. 😀 (And I’d love for you to beta! If your blog is any indication, you have fantastic insight.)

Natalie-Oh dear. I hope you haven’t been building in your head after all this time. There’s probably no way it will live up. But, I’m still excited for you to read it. :)

9. YAH!!!! Good for you! *does dance of joy* And I loved the picture…

10. jessie says:

That is very exciting. When you write your first draft do you edit as you go, or do you just write, write, write without looking back?

11. Courtney says:

Congrats Renee! I hope I can read it someday!

12. WOOT WOOT !!!!!
    Huzzah Ren!!! I want to read it so bad!

13. Becca says:

“Huvrrah fa Chvristmas!!!”

Serious Ren you are a creative powerhouse…I like read yeah?!

PS…I’m still FUR(ious) about those little Amazon #@$%*%!@$#’s!

Cheers!

14. Miriam-Thanks! Isn’t it a fabulous picture? :)

Jessie-I definitely edit as I go. But, I’ve been working on keeping that in check. The system I try to adhere to is: write hard, but edit all long on things like character consistency, and make extensive notes on big things that come up. But, I work on those after the first draft is done.

For example, I always ask myself as I write a certain scene, “Is this working? Is this as good as it could be?” In my mind, it’s better to scrap a whole scene and write a better one before going on, because in every scene affects the way the rest of the story proceeds, if that makes sense.

(probably a longer answer than you were looking for :) )

Courtney-I hope you can too!

Diana and Becca-I can’t wait for you guys to read it!! In fact, I’m tempted to rush through these first edits, just so I can pass it along. But, I’ll probably stick to the plan. You’ll like it better that way. :)

15. Hurray!!!! I was wondering about you yesterday!!!!! What a great feeling, huh?

16. This is so exciting!! I hope you’re on a high right now! I love the dancing blue-footed bird!

I just thought I should mention that for the first time I actually like Anoop last night. Who knew that he would be better singing Cindy Lauper than Usher.

17. jessie says:

No, not too long. I like to know how other writers write.

18. sraasch says:

YAY!! Congrats!

*throws confetti for accomplishment*

19. Slendarella says:

congrats! Now get on that Tweakfest and get it out! That ‘loopy’ way you’re feeling is just GIDDY SATISFACTION! Woo-hoo!
    slendie

20. Terri-Yep, it’s a great feeling. :)

Jessie-I do too.

Sara-Thanks!

Slendarella-Giddy satisfaction sounds about right. :)

21. Oops, I forgot to respond to you, Candice!

Yes, I am high, but not quite over the moon. There is so much editing to. But, no worries, I love editing. (it’s true)

Also, I was pretty worried for Anoop last night. I fear his days are numbered. :(

22. Mucho congratulations!!!

I’m doing a happy dance for you too. Although mine isn’t as cute as the one in the picture.

23. Carrie-Thanks!

Wow, I feel so cool that you commented on my blog. :)

24. That picture made me laugh too! And I’m not sleep-deprived. :)

Congrats on “finishing” your novel! :) :)