Photoshop Friday

Short one today. Because I am officially on break. Why? Well, I finally finished the first round of edits on PAMR!!! So, I’ve titled this weeks episode:

WHEW!

It’s only been about two and a half weeks since I finished the first draft, but let me tell you, these have been some very grueling edits. We’re not talking about fixing typos. This was a full scale attack, complete with 35 individual changes that needed to be made. This is my brain. This is my brain on edits. Any questions?

But I finished at last!!
(Note the guy I circled. He looks awesome.)

So, you may ask, what are you going to do now? I’ll tell you. I’ve passed my book on to the hands of my brilliant, gorgeous, insanely talented betas and now I’m stepping away from the action for a while. Battle on, you stalwart souls on the Get-Published front. Me, I’m taking a little break.

1. Kiersten on April 24, 2009 at 3:22 pm

WHOOHOO!!!

GO YOU!

Also, I’m so excited to finally get my hands on this thing ; )

2. Renee Collins on April 24, 2009 at 3:30 pm

Thanks Kierst. 🙂 Though, I realized when I sent it to you last night (at almost 2 a.m.) that you are going to see your sister. *smacks forehead*

Totally don’t bother with my book until you get back. In fact, take all the time you need. I am on break, remember. 🙂

3. JaneyV on April 24, 2009 at 3:37 pm

Oh well done you! Now put those feet up and have a good rest. You deserve it.

Any ideas for a title yet?

4. sraasch on April 24, 2009 at 3:51 pm

Woot woot! Yay for accomplishment!

5. Natalie on April 24, 2009 at 4:25 pm

Enjoy your break! I need me one of those. Can’t wait to see what happens to Jetta:)

6. Miriam S.Forster on April 24, 2009 at 4:43 pm

Yah for breaks! I think I have one scheduled sometime next month…

7. Renee Collins on April 24, 2009 at 7:39 pm

Janey-No good ideas yet! It’s killing me. 🙂 I need to think of one pronto.

Sara-Thanks. 🙂

Natalie-You should take one! I’m one day into mine, and I feel better already.

Miriam-Yay, indeed! 🙂

8. giddymomof6 on April 24, 2009 at 8:10 pm

YAY! Congrats! I’m glad you’re taking a break… I remember when you started this one right before you moved. Amazing! And so exciting! Jenni

9. Patti on April 24, 2009 at 11:37 pm

It’s always great to write the words “The End” but then the edits come and you think that the “The End” really is the beginning to the edits that never end.

10. Natalie on April 25, 2009 at 1:14 am

Yeah, I had one planned, but it got…interrupted, heh. Hopefully after Monday or so.

11. Lady Glamis on April 25, 2009 at 3:08 pm

Congrats! And YAY for betas! You deserve a break, m’dear. And I love the brain on edits. That’s exactly how it is!

12. Renee Collins on April 25, 2009 at 3:38 pm

Jenni-Yeah, it’s been a really crazy year for me to try and write a book. That’s probably why I need the break. 🙂

Patti-So true! Finishing that first draft is more like a beginning than an end.

Michelle-Definitely, yay for betas. 🙂

13. Kasie West on April 27, 2009 at 4:37 am

Congrats! I love the “brain on edits” pic. That is totally how I feel when I’m editing. And I’m loving all these old black and white pics of you. Who knew you grew up in the era where pics were black and white and you were a man.

14. Renee Collins on April 27, 2009 at 5:49 am

Kasie-I know, it’s kinda crazy, isn’t it? A side of me you guys never knew.

(lol)