I Heart Diana

So, I just got my first review back. It was from my twin sister, Diana. Yes, she’s my sister. Yes, she’s biased. But, I still can’t help but feel light as a feather right now. I had to post, because I just feel to happy to sleep.

Now, I at least know that it works. Works for someone, anyway. See, I slaved, sweat, toiled over this book for seven months in the total dark. I had no idea if it was any good at all. I had no idea if the idea (which is kinda out there) would even fly. But, at least according to my lovely sister, it’s a go.

Yes, family fan club, but still. So, thank you again Diana. You made my night. You made my whole week! I will sleep with a big grin on my face tonight.

P.S. That is my sister, not me. 🙂 Although, wouldn’t it be hilarious if I were so proud of myself that I photoshopped my own face in a giant heart and posted it? lol, but no, that’s Diana.

1. giddymomof6 on April 27, 2009 at 11:06 am

Ooh! I love it! And man your twin sister is gorgeous! It must be so hard to have to be compared to her. I mean seriously. And yay! I love it when my family loves my work. They’re actually kind of mean sometimes and will totally tell me if they dont’ like it. So when they do, then it’s AWESOME! (think bolt hamster there)

And as a sidenote, you’ve got my feedlink instead of my blog link to the right. I don’t know how you did it, LOL!` I didn’t even know I had a feedlink. Personally, i think you’re a computer genius. So um, do I get to read this amazing book? Jenni

2. sraasch on April 27, 2009 at 12:08 pm

All good reviews are good! That’s one of the reasons family are so necessary; they’ll always be your cheering section!

PS: I totally thought that picture was of you, especially when you said you’d go to sleep with a smile on your face. Thought it was just a pre-photoshop-Friday bit, and laughed at myself when you said it was your sister. Really, I don’t see the family resemblance at all.

3. Lady Glamis on April 27, 2009 at 2:06 pm

She looks a little bit different from you… 😀 But who am I to say?

So what’s your next step on the book? I’m so excited for you!

4. Natalie on April 27, 2009 at 3:21 pm

Yay! I can’t wait to read it. I must say I’m not surprised she liked it. Duh:P

5. Miriam S.Forster on April 27, 2009 at 6:26 pm

Yah for good reviews! Positive feedback is so important to us at this stage, isn’t it? 🙂

6. Renee Collins on April 27, 2009 at 7:16 pm

Jenni-She IS gorgeous! And people always tried to compare/contrast us.

“Diana is the pretty twin. Renee is the bookish twin.”

lol, I’m glad to be over those times now. 🙂

Also, I would be happy for you to read it! Thanks! 🙂

Sara-I thought it might confuse people :D, but don’t worry that happens in real life too.

Michelle-My next step is to let this baby simmer for a few weeks. Then, I’ll incorporate my betas responses. Then, tidy up the prose. And then . . . we’ll have to see how it’s looking at that point. 😉

Natalie-I’m very, very interested to hear what you think. 🙂

Miriam-Oh, I needed it so bad! Seven months with no clue as to whether the book was good! It’s nice to hear good things, even if its just from my sister.

7. Diana on April 27, 2009 at 8:48 pm

AWWWWWWWW!!!!
    *wipes a tear*
    You are too kind Ren!! But the truth is your book ROCKS!!!! I could NOT put it down for HOURS…actually until I finished it.
    I have not read such a page-turner in a long time. it was AWESOME.

All I can say is, I will be counting down days until the sequel comes out:)

8. jessie on April 29, 2009 at 1:57 am

I want a twin sister, especially a twin sister that loves my book. Your photoshop talent is just amazing. I mean you really managed to make your twin sister look exactly like you.

9. Kasie West on April 29, 2009 at 9:59 pm

Man, your sister looks just like you. I thought it was you. I really did. It’s like she’s your twin or something. 🙂 Congrats!

10. Amber Lynae on May 6, 2009 at 7:59 pm

Renee. I love your blog. And I hope to one day be reading your published work. Correct me if I’m wrong but are you not a former Sparks II resident. Formerly apartment 8 myself.