Photoshop Friday

1001 Quasi-Legitimate Ways that I Avoid Editing

Okay, there won’t really be 1001 reasons. Not in this post anyway, but let me assure you, in my head . . . oh yes. This will be just a random sampling.

Also, when I say “quasi-legitimate” I mean all the obvious (and genuinely legitimate) ones aside, like family, sleep, food, moving, etc. These are the ones that get me when I finally carve out a moment of time to work on edits.

Watch the subtle digression.

#236
I’m writing this cool new short story!

#56
I have an awesome idea for a new novel! I just need to sketch some details out in my notebook.

#644
Gotta catch up on those writer friend’s blogs . . .

#89
And don’t forget the Agent blogs. (Note: the hearts are intentionally sappy/fangirlish.)

#363
And the writing forums.

#715

Hmm . . . I’m just going to quickly Google: *fill in the blank with legitimate, writing related thing, like books, authors, agents, publishers, etc.*

#920
This is an interesting, writing related article . . .

#116
I’m going to take this quiz: Do you have what it takes to be published??

#967

*sigh* Neil Gaiman is so dreamy.

WAIT!!! IT’S ONE IN THE MORNING??? Where did my night go? I was going to get so much done on my edits! *headdesk*

1. Renee Collins on June 19, 2009 at 4:59 pm

Truly, no offense to any who’s picture I did not include in the friend picture. I just went down the list of my blogroll. I really do love you all!! Hence the etc., etc., etc. . . 🙂

2. Joanne on June 19, 2009 at 8:10 pm

Oh no, now you’ve got all of us distracted from editing! Did you know that tomorrow is Set-A-Good-Example Saturday? Guess we better get to work 😉

Oh wait, the summer solstice is this weekend. Isn’t that reason #1002 to avoid editing?

3. Kiersten on June 19, 2009 at 8:28 pm

Ha ha ha ha ha…

LOVE IT.

4. Natalie on June 19, 2009 at 8:44 pm

Hehe, I’m sorry I’m doing my part to distract you.

Also, what is that weird thing in the bottom heart of you agent fangirl poster?

5. Renee Collins on June 20, 2009 at 2:51 am

Joanne-Ha ha! Set a Good Example Saturday, eh? Uh-oh.

Though I love that it’s summer solstice. I didn’t realize! Summer is already flying by.

Kiersten- 🙂

Natalie-Ah, no problem. I like it. 🙂

Also, that is Janet Reid’s “pet,” Pink Octopus. He/she shows up on the blog sometimes. Cutest darn thing ever.

6. sraasch on June 20, 2009 at 3:03 am

Dude, I’m in your Photoshop Friday!! I feel special 🙂

7. Miriam S.Forster on June 21, 2009 at 6:55 am

hahahahaha…. I have the exact same problem. Or I will, now that the internet is up again. Dang… 🙂

8. Terri Tiffany on June 21, 2009 at 10:36 pm

LOL ! Take off everything except your blogger roll and you will have plenty of time!! :)))

9. Renee Collins on June 22, 2009 at 2:26 am

Sara-You are special. (*cue cheesy music)

Miriam-It’s so true! That darn internet. SO distracting.

Terri-Oh yes. There are many things I could/should axe out. And I try to . . . but it’s not always easy.

10. Kasie West on June 23, 2009 at 5:31 pm

Man, great list. Mine is very similar. Add a few trips to itunes to find the perfect song for my new idea and then off to google images to find the perfect lead character for my new idea. Oh, and wait, must go to the baby names website to pick out a perfect name for my lead. 🙂 I can avoid both editing and writing very efficiently.