Nerd Alert!

Last night I finally saw the new Star Trek movie. Say what you will about it, I was completely blown away. Fan-freaking-tastic. I will say, in full disclosure, that while I regularly enjoyed Next Generation and Voyager, I’ve seen only a few episodes of the original season. So I don’t qualify as a true Trekkie.

Regardless, I completely adored the movie. And do you want to know my favorite part?

Spock.

I think I’m in love. A brilliant, yet tortured Vulcan–does it get any better?? (hey, I did give you a nerd alert.)

1. Kiersten on July 11, 2009 at 7:33 pm

HA! Yes, great movie. Saw it twice : )

When are we doing lunch?

2. Natalie on July 11, 2009 at 8:34 pm

I thought it was awesome, and I’ve never seen a full episode of any Star Trek. Spock is pretty hot.

3. Renee Collins on July 11, 2009 at 10:21 pm

Kierst-Whenever! I can’t wait!!

Natalie-And that’s what I think is so great about it. It’s awesome by itself, without relying on the Star Trek brand.

4. Miriam S.Forster on July 11, 2009 at 10:46 pm

AMEN!!! I am a Trekkie from way back–original, next generation and so forth–and I loved it.

LOVED IT!

And I agree, Spock totally stole the show this time around. In fact several of my friends have quite sizable crushes on him now.

To quote my friend Rachel: “Fascinating” is Vulcan for “Frickin Awesome”!

5. Kasie West on July 12, 2009 at 12:41 am

I loved the movie as well! Adored it. But sorry, I was Captain Kirk all the way. Who doesn’t like a guy who goes barreling into every situation without thinking? 🙂

6. Mim on July 12, 2009 at 2:49 am

I loved the movie, but Spock really creeped me out at first. I hate his character on Heros. By the end of the movie, I was okay, but the first half, I kept thinking Sylar, not Sylar!

7. Lady Glamis on July 12, 2009 at 3:31 am

Spock was my favorite to! I LOVED this movie. We already have it reserved for when it comes out on DVD. I’ve always loved Star Trek. I wish I could afford the Next Generation box set!

8. Renee Collins on July 12, 2009 at 4:06 am

Miriam-Oh, Spock totally stole the show! Cool character aside, the actor himself did an absolutely stand up job.

Kasie-Kirk had his charms, no doubt. 🙂 He was the classic bad boy, and pretty hot to boot.

Mim-lol! I never watched Heroes, but I knew he was the bad guy. I can see how it would be hard to like him. 🙂

Michelle-I rarely ever buy movies, but this is totally one I want to own!! Maybe I’ll get it for an early Christmas present. 🙂

9. sraasch on July 12, 2009 at 11:04 pm

How could you focus on Spock when that adorable Chekov was running around with his adorable Russian accent and his adorable curly hair and — did I mention he was adorable?

10. Jessie Oliveros on July 13, 2009 at 12:23 am

Okay, I hope we can still be friends because I have never seen anything Star Trek, including the movie. But anyone who is something called a Vulcan must be pretty hot.

11. Renee Collins on July 13, 2009 at 4:25 am

Sara-Chekov cracked me up! I loved his accent. 🙂

Jessie-Yes, we can be still be friends. Unless of course you’ve never seen Lord of the Rings. In which case, I would never speak to you again.

12. Jessie Oliveros on July 13, 2009 at 2:46 pm

Yes, have seen all Lord of the Rings. Phew! Friendship saved.

13. Renee Collins on July 13, 2009 at 3:05 pm

*wipes forehead* That was a close one!

I’m glad to hear it, Jessie. 🙂