It Happened!

I GOT A MACBOOK!!!

Okay, I was planning to be all clever and build suspense with my revelation of this fact, but I am just too excited.

I HAVE A LAPTOP!!!

My own, my love, my precious!!I kiss you, you beautiful, beautiful thing!

For those of you who have been around here, you’ll know that my lack of laptop has been a favorite gripe of mine for at least a year. This is a post, well over a year ago, in which I was whining about it.

So yesterday, when my awesome, amazing hubby called from work and said, “Let’s get a Macbook tonight on our date,” I was blown away. I actually was thinking, I’ll believe it when I see it. And now here it is, in my hot little hands.

I have already given him a name (yes, it’s a him. Because I want to kiss it, a lot.) He shall be called The Beloved.

Here he is. Just look at him. Look at the starry eyed way I look at him. Ah, my friends, I am so happy.

14 Responses to It Happened!

1. Natalie says:

AHHHH! I squealed when I saw the picture! Congratulations! You will love The Beloved forever.

Oh man, I’m way too happy over this! SQUEE.

2. Oh, it’s perfectly lovely! I’m so excited for you!!! YAY FOR A LAPTOP!!!

3. Laptop says:

How could you–

You said–

All those LIES you told me!

I am searching every dark corner of the internet until I find a mac virus. And then your little Beloved is getting a one-stop trip to a little place I like to call obsolescence.

4. Natalie-I’ve been squealing all day! I think I’m way too happy too. :)

Kiersten-Thanks!! I’m pumped!

5. Oh Laptop, Laptop.

Don’t you see? I’m a woman with needs. How long did I wait for you to leave Kiersten and come away with me? How many nights did I cry into my pillow?

I had to do what was right for me. So when Beloved came in with his clean, white lines, and shiny Snow Leopard operating system, I couldn’t resist.

Remember the good times, Laptop.

And keep your filthy PC hands off my Mac.

6. Your beautiful sleek mac makes my laptop look like a clunker. I hope you and The Beloved have a long and prosperous relationship. I’m sure you’ll make an inspiring team.

7. Congratulations on your new love! He’s quite handsome 😉

8. Becca says:

Havrrah Fa Chvristmas!!! Now we can talk Mac-books Ren :) I’ll give you some tips on how to NOT have it crash like mine did :) Anyhoo…I could not be more pleased for you Ren….welcome to the joys!! Cheers!!

9. Lady Glamis says:

You are so cute! CONGRATS! It’s a beauty, that’s for sure. May you write forever well on it!

10. Tara says:

Awesome. I love the name.

11. I got an ibook in college, but he is old now and wearing on me. He doesn’t even have wireless, is missing a question mark key, and has really outdated windows. However, I can’t let him go, but between you and me (I’m typing on husband’s laptop so this will remain between us) your beloved is way hotter than mine.

12. Candice-I do hope we’ll be productive. Right now, however, I’m still distracted by playing around with his many bells and whistles. :)

Amanda-Thanks!

Becca-Yes, we definitely need to talk Macbooks. I’m still afraid I’m going to somehow mess it up.

Michelle-I’ll drink to that!

Tara-heh, thanks.

Jessie-I know the feeling. Many a time I would use my big PC to look up pictures of Macbooks online. But don’t worry, I won’t tell your laptop. :)

13. Kasie West says:

Renee!!!! Welcome to the world of all things wonderful! The Beloved is beautiful. I’m so happy for you. Today has been an awesome day of great news. I should write today, I think my happiness needs to stretch its legs.

14. ElanaJ says:

I love my MacBook too. They are priceless.