It Happened!

I GOT A MACBOOK!!!

Okay, I was planning to be all clever and build suspense with my revelation of this fact, but I am just too excited.

I HAVE A LAPTOP!!!

My own, my love, my precious!!I kiss you, you beautiful, beautiful thing!

For those of you who have been around here, you’ll know that my lack of laptop has been a favorite gripe of mine for at least a year. This is a post, well over a year ago, in which I was whining about it.

So yesterday, when my awesome, amazing hubby called from work and said, “Let’s get a Macbook tonight on our date,” I was blown away. I actually was thinking, I’ll believe it when I see it. And now here it is, in my hot little hands.

I have already given him a name (yes, it’s a him. Because I want to kiss it, a lot.) He shall be called The Beloved.

Here he is. Just look at him. Look at the starry eyed way I look at him. Ah, my friends, I am so happy.

1. Natalie on August 29, 2009 at 9:54 pm

AHHHH! I squealed when I saw the picture! Congratulations! You will love The Beloved forever.

Oh man, I’m way too happy over this! SQUEE.

2. Kiersten White on August 29, 2009 at 10:05 pm

Oh, it’s perfectly lovely! I’m so excited for you!!! YAY FOR A LAPTOP!!!

3. Laptop on August 29, 2009 at 10:08 pm

How could you–

You said–

All those LIES you told me!

I am searching every dark corner of the internet until I find a mac virus. And then your little Beloved is getting a one-stop trip to a little place I like to call obsolescence.

4. Renee Collins on August 29, 2009 at 10:28 pm

Natalie-I’ve been squealing all day! I think I’m way too happy too. 🙂

Kiersten-Thanks!! I’m pumped!

5. Renee Collins on August 29, 2009 at 10:33 pm

Oh Laptop, Laptop.

Don’t you see? I’m a woman with needs. How long did I wait for you to leave Kiersten and come away with me? How many nights did I cry into my pillow?

I had to do what was right for me. So when Beloved came in with his clean, white lines, and shiny Snow Leopard operating system, I couldn’t resist.

Remember the good times, Laptop.

And keep your filthy PC hands off my Mac.

6. candicekennington on August 29, 2009 at 11:57 pm

Your beautiful sleek mac makes my laptop look like a clunker. I hope you and The Beloved have a long and prosperous relationship. I’m sure you’ll make an inspiring team.

7. Amanda Hannah on August 30, 2009 at 3:19 pm

Congratulations on your new love! He’s quite handsome 😉

8. Becca on August 30, 2009 at 5:11 pm

Havrrah Fa Chvristmas!!! Now we can talk Mac-books Ren 🙂 I’ll give you some tips on how to NOT have it crash like mine did 🙂 Anyhoo…I could not be more pleased for you Ren….welcome to the joys!! Cheers!!

9. Lady Glamis on August 31, 2009 at 12:31 am

You are so cute! CONGRATS! It’s a beauty, that’s for sure. May you write forever well on it!

10. Tara on August 31, 2009 at 12:36 am

Awesome. I love the name.

11. Jessie Oliveros on August 31, 2009 at 12:40 am

I got an ibook in college, but he is old now and wearing on me. He doesn’t even have wireless, is missing a question mark key, and has really outdated windows. However, I can’t let him go, but between you and me (I’m typing on husband’s laptop so this will remain between us) your beloved is way hotter than mine.

12. Renee Collins on August 31, 2009 at 4:55 am

Candice-I do hope we’ll be productive. Right now, however, I’m still distracted by playing around with his many bells and whistles. 🙂

Amanda-Thanks!

Becca-Yes, we definitely need to talk Macbooks. I’m still afraid I’m going to somehow mess it up.

Michelle-I’ll drink to that!

Tara-heh, thanks.

Jessie-I know the feeling. Many a time I would use my big PC to look up pictures of Macbooks online. But don’t worry, I won’t tell your laptop. 🙂

13. Kasie West on August 31, 2009 at 10:12 pm

Renee!!!! Welcome to the world of all things wonderful! The Beloved is beautiful. I’m so happy for you. Today has been an awesome day of great news. I should write today, I think my happiness needs to stretch its legs.

14. ElanaJ on September 1, 2009 at 9:33 pm

I love my MacBook too. They are priceless.