In which I break my bloggy silence to be cliche

So yeah, I haven’t been around for a while. I won’t bother you with my various reasons why, though I assure you they are really valid . . . promise.

Anyway, what could have prompted me to post now? I’ll tell you, but I warn that I’m just going to be jumping on a bandwagon and not offering anything new or incredibly insightful.

No, I’m going to rave about Avatar.

I know, I know, I’m probably one of the last people on Earth to see this movie. Literally. I mean, Palestinian protesters, in remote desert regions where electricity is probably hard to get saw it before me.
But anyway, I finally saw it. And LOVED it. It’s not every day that after watching a movie you feel more like you experienced it. With the INCREDIBLE special effects and fantastic world building, it’s hard not too. In fact, I remember reading about people who suffered from depression after watching Avatar because Pandora doesn’t actually exist, and they can never go there. That says something, my friends.

So, um, I don’t really have any writerish tie ins or conclusions to make. In fact, I felt that the story itself wasn’t the movie’s strong point. But seriously, who cares? I was too busy staring at the screen with my eyes bugged.

So yeah. I guess in conclusion I’ll just put up this pic. (I did warn you in the post title that I was going to be cliche.)

11 Responses to In which I break my bloggy silence to be cliche

1. You were NOT the last person to see that movie because I still haven’t seen it. I keep pronouncing it wrong, though. Maybe I should at least know how to say it before I see it. Percy Jackson is easy. I can say that. I saw that one last weekend.

2. Kara says:

I still haven’t seen it! Too many on my list now, with Shutter Island and Alice in Wonderland out…

3. I still haven’t seen it either.

4. lol, well it seems I wasn’t as behind as I thought. :)

You guys should go see it!! In 3-D if you can. It really is a fantastic experience.

5. Tanisha says:

i also haven’t seen it. i keep hearing that it’s wonderful from some people, then that it’s overrated from others and too political. i doubt that i’ll even catch on the political undertones though, i ususally just accept movies for the stories they tell and try to not to look into it too much. same thing with The Golden Compass criticism… i still don’t see the correlation between the story and religion. i’ve never been good at underlying messages. anyway, i’ve been wondering about the 3-D experience. i thought it would be annoying to watch an entire movie with those glasses on. you didn’t find it distracting?

6. Rebecca says:

“I see you” Ren 😉

It my fave storyline…and I loved how the two people from “different world” – the star crossed lovers actually get to be happy ever after…sigh! 😉

7. I loved, loved, loved this movie! Oh, so good. :-)

8. Jade says:

A few times during the movie I realised that my mouth was hanging open. I was literally gaping!

9. Candice says:

I haven’t seen it either (you’re not better than me, Jessie). But I do hear great things. It probably won’t be the same on the small, small, small screen (my tv) as it is on the “big screen.”

10. Tanisha-You know, the political message/agenda/whatever you want to call it was there, but I honestly didn’t mind much. I didn’t feel like it was overkill. And truly, the spectacular visuals make the movie worth watching regardless.

Also, the 3-D was a little hard to get used to at first, but maybe fifteen minutes in I didn’t notice it or the glasses anymore.

You should go see it!!

Becca-lol, I might have know that you would gravitate to that part of the story. :)

I loved it too, though. Any romance in a sci-fi movie is much appreciated.

Shannon-Amen, amen! :)

Jade-Seriously, me too! At the end, as the credits started to roll I was totally speechless.

Candice-You really should try to see it on the big screen if you can. It’s so amazing. I actually called my twin sister yesterday to say “Don’t wait for it to come out on video! See it in the theaters!”

11. MT says:

Hey, welcome back! Whatever your reasons for not blogging – I’m thinking February was a very ‘reason loaded’ month for a lot of people! I’m glad you liked Avatar. :)
    Michelle Teacress