AGENTED!!

Yes, you read that right! And this isn’t a joke! Or a trick! Or a clever play on words!

I HAVE AN AGENT, GUYS.

I’m beyond thrilled to announce that I am now officially represented by the fantastic Molly Jaffa of Folio Literary Management!

*screaming* *jumping around* *dancing*

A literary agent! Of my very own! I seriously have no idea how to write this post. I’m filled with so many different emotions. This post could be brimming with:

a. Euphoria

b. Optimism

c. Gratitude

So by way of a warning, I plan to use a few different posts to cover this monumental event in my writing career. In fact, I think I’ll use one post to cover each of the emotions I mentioned above. In the next few days, you guys get to hear the WHOLE SORDID TALE. (I know! I’m so generous.)

Today, is the euphoria.

This post will include some GUSHING about Molly. Because she really is awesome! And I know everyone says that about their agents, but I absolutely mean it. Molly is sharp and funny, and super nice. I’m SO excited to work with her!

This post will also include more *screaming* *jumping around* and *dancing*!!

This post will include far too many exclamation points!

In the end, on a day like this there’s really only one thing to say:

PARTY IN THE COMMENTS SECTION!! Dr. Peppers for everyone!! Today they shall flow without end!

Check in again Thursday for my Optimism post. I’m going to tell you guys the story of my journey to this moment. (Spoiler Alert: It was long.) Until then, ROCK ON. :)

57 Responses to AGENTED!!

1. That is awesome!!!! ^_^
    I am so happy for you!! I’ve been following your blog for the last 5 days and it is flexible, simple writing! I like your blog a lot, hence the follow-ing! :)
    Congratulations on being agented.
    love, luck
    blueseahorse.

2. WHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

CONGRATS!!!!!

3. Mim says:

Congratulations! So excited for you!

4. Congrats! i just saw your news on Sara Raasch’s sidebar! Woot! Woot! Party in the comments section!

5. Congratulations!!! Very awesome.

6. storyqueen says:

Congratulations!!

This is just awesome.

I am so happy for you.

Shelley

7. Woot! Ren, you know how happy I am about this:) Welcome to the Court of the Agented:P I saved you a seat on this bench with me and Kasie.

8. Kelly Lyman says:

Congrats! So happy for you and I can’t wait to read all about it!

9. Melissa says:

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I’m drinking a Dr. Pepper in your honor!

10. You had me at “Dr Peppers for everyone.” Congrats to you!

11. Kasie West says:

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!!!!!!! It’s about time someone recognized your awesomeness. I’m sooooo happy for you. Natalie said she saved you a seat next to me and her because even though technically I don’t belong in The Court, I refused to leave. :)

12. Hurray!!!!! Congratufreakinglations!!! That’s incredible!! WHOO!! I’m so happy for you! I’m so glad to have found you in time to cheer for this!

13. Kasie, once you’re in, you’re in. Nuff said.

14. Blue Seahorse-Thank you!! I appreciate the kind words and the following. :)

Jill-*parties*

Mim-Thank you!

Kara-EEEEE, is exactly how I feel! :)

Samantha-YAY! *blasts the party music*

Mary-Thanks!!!

Shelly-It’s more of your blog’s good luck spreading! I’m sure of it!

15. Natalie says:

I’m so, so happy for you Renee! Molly will be wonderful.

16. Natalie-*gazes around the Courtyard, wide-eyed.

Kelly-Thank you!!

Melissa-An excellent idea! πŸ˜€

Laura-Yes, I do know how to party!

Kasie-You’re totally in! Natalie and I won’t let you leave. :) :)

17. Colene-Thank you so much!! I’m excited. :)

Natalie B.-I think so too! Thanks!

18. Penelope says:

Congratulations! It’s always so exciting to hear about someone’s writing success!

19. T C Mckee says:

Congratulations! I just found your blog through Natalie Whipple and I’m so glad I did. I can’t wait to hear your sordid tale;)

20. Shari says:

Congratulations!! :)

21. Jessica Hill says:

Hey, I just found your blog. But this is really awesome news! Congrats!

22. Becca Rogers says:

WOOOOOHOOOOO! Congrats!!! I love hearing stories about how people got their agents, so I’ll definitely be looking for yours. πŸ˜€

23. Amazing news! Congratulations, Renee!

24. Just heard the news from Natalie. Hooray for you! Revel in the support. May 2011 be fabulous!!

25. I KNEW IT!!! *does happy dance for Renee* *sprays Dr. Pepper everywhere*

I’m so happy for you!

26. Penelope-Thanks!

T C Mckee-Welcome! And thanks. πŸ˜€

Shari-Thanks :)

Jessica-Welcome to the party! *passes over a Dr. Pepper*

Becca-Thank you so much! I can’t believe I finally get to write that post!

Elizabeth-Thanks!

Tere-I feel amazing! πŸ˜€

Caroline-I am, I really am! Thank you for coming by. :)

Miriam-*dances in the Dr. Pepper spray* WOOOO!!!! Thank you!!

27. Rock on, my dear. ROCK ON.

28. Congratulations, Renee!!!!

29. Krista Ashe says:

AWESOME! Congrats!!! I know this has been a journey, so I always love hearing good news for people who are well deserving!!! WHOOO HOOOO!

30. Katie says:

Woo hoo!!! Congrats!!!!!

31. Whirlochre says:

How monstrously exciting!

Congratulations!

32. Here via Natalie. Super huge congratulations!!!

33. Jade says:

Congrats!!! So awesome! I’m so excited for you. I can’t wait to hear all about it!!

34. *Cracks open ice cold DP* CHEERS REN!!!!!!!! You have LONG deserved this!!!! Yay!!!!!!!!

35. Janine says:

SOOOO excited for you :)

YIPEE!!

36. Sara Raasch says:

FOLIO! Oh my GAWD, Renee!!! Congrats!

37. Kiersten-*head banging* YEAAAAAH!!!

Kelly-Thanks! :)

Krista-Thank you so much! It has been quite a journey!

Katie-Thank you!!

Whirl-It is!!! I’m on Cloud 9!

Shveta-Welcome! And thanks!!!

Diana-WHY AREN”T YOU HERE FOR REAL?! We would party the night away! And then our kids would make us regret it the next day, but HEY it would be so worth it. :)

Janine-Thank you!! And thanks again for the advice!! πŸ˜‰

Sara-I KNOW!!! I’m still in a daze. πŸ˜€

38. Alex Adams says:

Congratulations!!! So happy for you!

39. Kathryn says:

Congratulations! w00t!!! Looking forward to the next post! :)

40. Nikki says:

Congratulations, Renee!! That’s awesomely amazing! I love it!! Keep us posted on all the amazing things that will come your way!

41. This is such good news. You know, I didn’t know how I would get through the rest of my night. I mean, I still have a pee and vomit clean-up from my son. But reading this has totally perked me up. Not even vomit and pee can drag me down. Okay, that’s a little over dramatic, but I am SO HAPPY FOR YOU. Which book did she represent you on anyway? Searcher? Mermaid? Mysterious book #3? Or did she just hear you were friends with me? Yup, that’s probably it. Anyway, you deserve this. I am so going to hold you to that Dr. Pepper.

42. Abby Minard says:

Congratulations!!! How exciting- can’t wait to hear all about it!

43. Alex-Thank you so much!

Kathryn-Thanks! I can’t wait to write it. :)

Nikki-Thanks!! It’s been so great to share this with everyone. :)

Jessie-Yeesh, sorry about the pee and vomit. I’ve been there. Oh yes, I’ve been there. But thank you for dropping by anyway!

btw, the offer is for Searcher of all things! It’s kind of a crazy story. But a good story. :)

Abby-Thank you!!!

44. Yay! Congrats!! Can’t wait to hear all the juicy details. :) :)

45. YAY YAY YAY!!! I’ve been out of the loop all day & only just heard!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What wonderful, fantastic, and deserved news! :) :) :)

46. Elana-Thank you!! I’m excited to share the story! :)

Stephanie-Thank you so much! I appreciate you stopping by! πŸ˜€

47. Ren :) I am so happy for you! Thanks for sharing your joy with all of us. You give us all motivation to dream… and to work… and to keep trying!!!

48. That’s amazing! Congrats and good luck with everything… I always love hearing the good news/how it all happened stories. :)

49. You know how excited I am!!! Congrats!!! And *HUGS* :)

50. I was just thinking that you are so lucky because you can now put in your profile that you are repped by an agent. Anyway I sent congratulations to you from my blog post today. Where’s my Dr. Pepper?

51. lotusgirl says:

Congrats. I’m excited for you. I stopped over from Jessie’s blog. I think we have a lot of friends in common.

52. Patti says:

Congratulations. That’s awesome. Can’t wait to hear how it happened.

53. I’m here from Natalie’s blog. CONGRATULATIONS!!! SO exciting! Here’s to an awesome book deal!

54. Lisaaaaa! SO good to “see” you here on my blog. :) Thank you!! I wish we could hang out with you guys and celebrate together. :)

Red Boot-Thank you!! :)

Michelle-hee! Thanks again. :)

Jessie-You are so nice! *hands a giant, ice-cold Dr. Pepper.* Come back for more any time! I have an endless supply of imaginary DP. πŸ˜‰

lotusgirl-Thank you for coming by! I SO appreciate all the kind words from everyone.

Patti-Thanks!! I posted my rather long story today.

Kimberley-Welcome!! And thank you. :)

55. Anonymous says:

Congratulations!!! You’ve earned it!