AGENTED!!

Yes, you read that right! And this isn’t a joke! Or a trick! Or a clever play on words!

I HAVE AN AGENT, GUYS.

I’m beyond thrilled to announce that I am now officially represented by the fantastic Molly Jaffa of Folio Literary Management!

*screaming* *jumping around* *dancing*

A literary agent! Of my very own! I seriously have no idea how to write this post. I’m filled with so many different emotions. This post could be brimming with:

a. Euphoria

b. Optimism

c. Gratitude

So by way of a warning, I plan to use a few different posts to cover this monumental event in my writing career. In fact, I think I’ll use one post to cover each of the emotions I mentioned above. In the next few days, you guys get to hear the WHOLE SORDID TALE. (I know! I’m so generous.)

Today, is the euphoria.

This post will include some GUSHING about Molly. Because she really is awesome! And I know everyone says that about their agents, but I absolutely mean it. Molly is sharp and funny, and super nice. I’m SO excited to work with her!

This post will also include more *screaming* *jumping around* and *dancing*!!

This post will include far too many exclamation points!

In the end, on a day like this there’s really only one thing to say:

PARTY IN THE COMMENTS SECTION!! Dr. Peppers for everyone!! Today they shall flow without end!

Check in again Thursday for my Optimism post. I’m going to tell you guys the story of my journey to this moment. (Spoiler Alert: It was long.) Until then, ROCK ON. πŸ™‚

1. blue seahorse on December 7, 2010 at 11:41 am

That is awesome!!!! ^_^
    I am so happy for you!! I’ve been following your blog for the last 5 days and it is flexible, simple writing! I like your blog a lot, hence the follow-ing! πŸ™‚
    Congratulations on being agented.
    love, luck
    blueseahorse.

2. Jill Hathaway on December 7, 2010 at 11:41 am

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

CONGRATS!!!!!

3. Mim on December 7, 2010 at 12:24 pm

Congratulations! So excited for you!

4. Kara Mustafa on December 7, 2010 at 1:19 pm

EEEEE congrats!!!

5. Samantha VΓ©rant on December 7, 2010 at 1:28 pm

Congrats! i just saw your news on Sara Raasch’s sidebar! Woot! Woot! Party in the comments section!

6. Mary Campbell on December 7, 2010 at 2:08 pm

Congratulations!!! Very awesome.

7. storyqueen on December 7, 2010 at 2:15 pm

Congratulations!!

This is just awesome.

I am so happy for you.

Shelley

8. Natalie Whipple on December 7, 2010 at 2:21 pm

Woot! Ren, you know how happy I am about this:) Welcome to the Court of the Agented:P I saved you a seat on this bench with me and Kasie.

9. Kelly Lyman on December 7, 2010 at 2:40 pm

Congrats! So happy for you and I can’t wait to read all about it!

10. Melissa on December 7, 2010 at 3:25 pm

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I’m drinking a Dr. Pepper in your honor!

11. Laura Maylene on December 7, 2010 at 3:35 pm

You had me at “Dr Peppers for everyone.” Congrats to you!

12. Kasie West on December 7, 2010 at 3:35 pm

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!!!!!!! It’s about time someone recognized your awesomeness. I’m sooooo happy for you. Natalie said she saved you a seat next to me and her because even though technically I don’t belong in The Court, I refused to leave. πŸ™‚

13. Colene Murphy on December 7, 2010 at 3:46 pm

Hurray!!!!! Congratufreakinglations!!! That’s incredible!! WHOO!! I’m so happy for you! I’m so glad to have found you in time to cheer for this!

14. Natalie Whipple on December 7, 2010 at 4:16 pm

Kasie, once you’re in, you’re in. Nuff said.

15. Renee Collins on December 7, 2010 at 4:18 pm

Blue Seahorse-Thank you!! I appreciate the kind words and the following. πŸ™‚

Jill-*parties*

Mim-Thank you!

Kara-EEEEE, is exactly how I feel! πŸ™‚

Samantha-YAY! *blasts the party music*

Mary-Thanks!!!

Shelly-It’s more of your blog’s good luck spreading! I’m sure of it!

16. Natalie on December 7, 2010 at 4:18 pm

I’m so, so happy for you Renee! Molly will be wonderful.

17. Renee Collins on December 7, 2010 at 4:20 pm

Natalie-*gazes around the Courtyard, wide-eyed.

Kelly-Thank you!!

Melissa-An excellent idea! πŸ˜€

Laura-Yes, I do know how to party!

Kasie-You’re totally in! Natalie and I won’t let you leave. πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

18. Renee Collins on December 7, 2010 at 4:21 pm

Colene-Thank you so much!! I’m excited. πŸ™‚

Natalie B.-I think so too! Thanks!

19. Penelope on December 7, 2010 at 4:28 pm

Congratulations! It’s always so exciting to hear about someone’s writing success!

20. T C Mckee on December 7, 2010 at 4:29 pm

Congratulations! I just found your blog through Natalie Whipple and I’m so glad I did. I can’t wait to hear your sordid tale;)

21. Shari on December 7, 2010 at 4:38 pm

Congratulations!! πŸ™‚

22. Jessica Hill on December 7, 2010 at 4:39 pm

Hey, I just found your blog. But this is really awesome news! Congrats!

23. Becca Rogers on December 7, 2010 at 4:47 pm

WOOOOOHOOOOO! Congrats!!! I love hearing stories about how people got their agents, so I’ll definitely be looking for yours. πŸ˜€

24. Elizabeth on December 7, 2010 at 4:59 pm

Congrats!

25. Tere Kirkland on December 7, 2010 at 5:02 pm

Amazing news! Congratulations, Renee!

26. Caroline Starr Rose on December 7, 2010 at 5:03 pm

Just heard the news from Natalie. Hooray for you! Revel in the support. May 2011 be fabulous!!

27. Miriam S. Forster on December 7, 2010 at 5:24 pm

I KNEW IT!!! *does happy dance for Renee* *sprays Dr. Pepper everywhere*

I’m so happy for you!

28. Renee Collins on December 7, 2010 at 5:32 pm

Penelope-Thanks!

T C Mckee-Welcome! And thanks. πŸ˜€

Shari-Thanks πŸ™‚

Jessica-Welcome to the party! *passes over a Dr. Pepper*

Becca-Thank you so much! I can’t believe I finally get to write that post!

Elizabeth-Thanks!

Tere-I feel amazing! πŸ˜€

Caroline-I am, I really am! Thank you for coming by. πŸ™‚

Miriam-*dances in the Dr. Pepper spray* WOOOO!!!! Thank you!!

29. Kiersten White on December 7, 2010 at 5:38 pm

Rock on, my dear. ROCK ON.

30. Kelly Andrews on December 7, 2010 at 5:48 pm

Congratulations, Renee!!!!

31. Krista Ashe on December 7, 2010 at 5:57 pm

AWESOME! Congrats!!! I know this has been a journey, so I always love hearing good news for people who are well deserving!!! WHOOO HOOOO!

32. Katie on December 7, 2010 at 6:30 pm

Woo hoo!!! Congrats!!!!!

33. Whirlochre on December 7, 2010 at 7:23 pm

How monstrously exciting!

Congratulations!

34. Shveta Thakrar on December 7, 2010 at 7:40 pm

Here via Natalie. Super huge congratulations!!!

35. Jade on December 7, 2010 at 7:48 pm

Congrats!!! So awesome! I’m so excited for you. I can’t wait to hear all about it!!

36. sleeplessinSeattle on December 7, 2010 at 9:09 pm

*Cracks open ice cold DP* CHEERS REN!!!!!!!! You have LONG deserved this!!!! Yay!!!!!!!!

37. Janine on December 7, 2010 at 9:51 pm

SOOOO excited for you πŸ™‚

YIPEE!!

38. Sara Raasch on December 7, 2010 at 11:01 pm

FOLIO! Oh my GAWD, Renee!!! Congrats!

39. Renee Collins on December 7, 2010 at 11:27 pm

Kiersten-*head banging* YEAAAAAH!!!

Kelly-Thanks! πŸ™‚

Krista-Thank you so much! It has been quite a journey!

Katie-Thank you!!

Whirl-It is!!! I’m on Cloud 9!

Shveta-Welcome! And thanks!!!

Diana-WHY AREN”T YOU HERE FOR REAL?! We would party the night away! And then our kids would make us regret it the next day, but HEY it would be so worth it. πŸ™‚

Janine-Thank you!! And thanks again for the advice!! πŸ˜‰

Sara-I KNOW!!! I’m still in a daze. πŸ˜€

40. Alex Adams on December 7, 2010 at 11:28 pm

Congratulations!!! So happy for you!

41. Kathryn on December 8, 2010 at 2:07 am

Congratulations! w00t!!! Looking forward to the next post! πŸ™‚

42. Nikki on December 8, 2010 at 2:32 am

Congratulations, Renee!! That’s awesomely amazing! I love it!! Keep us posted on all the amazing things that will come your way!

43. Jessie Oliveros on December 8, 2010 at 2:37 am

This is such good news. You know, I didn’t know how I would get through the rest of my night. I mean, I still have a pee and vomit clean-up from my son. But reading this has totally perked me up. Not even vomit and pee can drag me down. Okay, that’s a little over dramatic, but I am SO HAPPY FOR YOU. Which book did she represent you on anyway? Searcher? Mermaid? Mysterious book #3? Or did she just hear you were friends with me? Yup, that’s probably it. Anyway, you deserve this. I am so going to hold you to that Dr. Pepper.

44. Abby Minard on December 8, 2010 at 4:01 am

Congratulations!!! How exciting- can’t wait to hear all about it!

45. Renee Collins on December 8, 2010 at 4:38 am

Alex-Thank you so much!

Kathryn-Thanks! I can’t wait to write it. πŸ™‚

Nikki-Thanks!! It’s been so great to share this with everyone. πŸ™‚

Jessie-Yeesh, sorry about the pee and vomit. I’ve been there. Oh yes, I’ve been there. But thank you for dropping by anyway!

btw, the offer is for Searcher of all things! It’s kind of a crazy story. But a good story. πŸ™‚

Abby-Thank you!!!

46. Elana Johnson on December 8, 2010 at 4:55 am

Yay! Congrats!! Can’t wait to hear all the juicy details. πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

47. Stephanie Perkins on December 8, 2010 at 4:56 am

YAY YAY YAY!!! I’ve been out of the loop all day & only just heard!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What wonderful, fantastic, and deserved news! πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

48. Renee Collins on December 8, 2010 at 6:31 am

Elana-Thank you!! I’m excited to share the story! πŸ™‚

Stephanie-Thank you so much! I appreciate you stopping by! πŸ˜€

49. it's just lisa on December 8, 2010 at 2:07 pm

Ren πŸ™‚ I am so happy for you! Thanks for sharing your joy with all of us. You give us all motivation to dream… and to work… and to keep trying!!!

50. Red Boot Pearl on December 8, 2010 at 2:24 pm

That’s amazing! Congrats and good luck with everything… I always love hearing the good news/how it all happened stories. πŸ™‚

51. Michelle Davidson Argyle on December 9, 2010 at 12:01 am

You know how excited I am!!! Congrats!!! And *HUGS* πŸ™‚

52. Jessie Oliveros on December 9, 2010 at 2:33 am

I was just thinking that you are so lucky because you can now put in your profile that you are repped by an agent. Anyway I sent congratulations to you from my blog post today. Where’s my Dr. Pepper?

53. lotusgirl on December 9, 2010 at 4:01 am

Congrats. I’m excited for you. I stopped over from Jessie’s blog. I think we have a lot of friends in common.

54. Patti on December 9, 2010 at 5:51 am

Congratulations. That’s awesome. Can’t wait to hear how it happened.

55. Kimberley Griffiths Little on December 9, 2010 at 4:20 pm

I’m here from Natalie’s blog. CONGRATULATIONS!!! SO exciting! Here’s to an awesome book deal!

56. Renee Collins on December 9, 2010 at 4:33 pm

Lisaaaaa! SO good to “see” you here on my blog. πŸ™‚ Thank you!! I wish we could hang out with you guys and celebrate together. πŸ™‚

Red Boot-Thank you!! πŸ™‚

Michelle-hee! Thanks again. πŸ™‚

Jessie-You are so nice! *hands a giant, ice-cold Dr. Pepper.* Come back for more any time! I have an endless supply of imaginary DP. πŸ˜‰

lotusgirl-Thank you for coming by! I SO appreciate all the kind words from everyone.

Patti-Thanks!! I posted my rather long story today.

Kimberley-Welcome!! And thank you. πŸ™‚

57. Anonymous on December 19, 2010 at 3:30 am

Congratulations!!! You’ve earned it!