Photoshop Friday

(On Monday! Wonders never cease here at Midnight Meditations.)

Today’s post explores that elusive thing called creativity. Ah, creativity. The life blood of writing. The magic that brings out stories to life. The power that makes our words flow. The Muse!

Please.

I’m about to blow the lid off these rosy, romantic visions.

Your Muse is Actually a Big, Fat, Cat

You know it’s true.

1. Your Muse must constantly be fed.Reading good books, watching movies, listening to music, or gaming, you name it, the big, fat Muse demands it. If you go too long without feeding your creativity, hello writer’s block.

2. Your Muse needs lots of rest. (Read: is lazy)Writing is hard work. For the writer. Your Muse doesn’t work hard. Sorry, that’s your job.

3. Your Muse is fickle.There you are, sitting down to your computer, ready to make something beautiful happen. You reach out for your Muse. You call for her, the one you have fed and nurtured and cared for. Well, good luck. The Muse is not one to be summoned from her various perches and warm, sunny windows.

In the end, it’s really up to you to get that story on the page. It’s a little known secret that you and you alone will make it magical, beautiful, wonderful. Trust me, you don’t need the Muse. Only don’t tell her I said that . . .

1. Candice on March 14, 2011 at 8:32 pm

Except my muse is a little feisty terrier who eats tons, then burns it all of in a frantic, crazed barking/running in circles session. After which he lays around for hours (nay days)and just looks at me with defiant, yet adorable puppy dog eyes.

So my metaphor isn’t as brilliant as yours. I like dogs. Sue me. 🙂

2. R.S.J. on March 14, 2011 at 8:59 pm

So you’re saying I have to do this all by myself? Darn.

Why are cats so funny?

3. Miriam S. Forster on March 14, 2011 at 9:10 pm

“You’re muse is a big fat cat.”

I’m laughing so hard right now, I may stop breathing.

Curse you Photoshop Friday!

4. Renee Collins on March 15, 2011 at 12:09 am

Candice-No, the terrier metaphor is perfect. 🙂 I

R.S.J-hehe, I don’t know, but they are!

Miriam-Aw, thanks. 🙂 It makes me feel good to know I stopped people from breathing.

(hmm . . . that came out wrong.)

5. Miriam S. Forster on March 15, 2011 at 12:22 am

*snicker* I see how you are…

6. Jessie Oliveros on March 15, 2011 at 2:23 am

I eat a lot. I’m fickle. I’m lazy. Maybe I should have been a muse. (Oh, except for that whole feline thing.)

7. Janine on March 15, 2011 at 3:35 am

you forgot how the must also makes YOU eat too…right? I mean, I know my big fat cat also insists I eat lots of chocolate or she skeedaddles. it is True.

8. Renee Collins on March 15, 2011 at 4:51 am

Miriam- ;D

Jessie-No kidding, right? Those muses have a pretty sweet deal. Especially since they get all the credit. What gives?

Janine-A very good point! The Muse refuses to be the only fat one, and so she drags everyone else down with her.

9. Hotel in Brugge on March 15, 2011 at 5:39 am

Wow Nice photo’s .really lovely your all pics and Beautiful Cats . Cool idea for photo shop.good look of cat and amazing your recently post

10. Samantha Sotto-Yambao on March 15, 2011 at 9:37 am

Haha! So true. Thanks for the giggle 🙂

11. Renee Collins on March 15, 2011 at 3:48 pm

Hotel-Thanks! 🙂

Samantha-You’re welcome! Thanks for stopping by. 🙂

12. A.M. Kuska on March 17, 2011 at 2:01 am

You may have a point, which is all I am going to say, for fear of upsetting the muse-cat.